Student Summer Employment
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2014
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
1) BE FULL TIME STUDENTS which means as of March 2014 you must be:
• Attending High School full time; or
• Attending a post secondary institution taking at least 4 full-time courses; and
• You must be returning to school in the fall of 2014.
2) BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR POSITIONS:
1. All students offered a position must provide a Criminal Record check.
PLEASE NOTE: only students offered a position will be required to provide a criminal record check.
2. All successful candidates will, as a condition of employment, be required to attend a Training Seminar given by the Community Services and/or Works Department scheduled at the commencement of employment.
3. All summer staff are expected to be available to work the entire summer season. Individuals not available for the whole summer will be considered last. As this is a summer position only, very limited time off is available. Time not requested in advance is very unlikely to be granted.
4. Photocopies of all pertinent qualifications must be attached to your application or it will not be considered.
5. Preference where appropriate is given to university/college students studying in a related field.
6. Preference for positions is given to applicants based on qualifications, experience, past work record, and those who have worked successfully in these programs in previous years.
RESUMES & INTERVIEWS REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Fields in bold are required.